What we do
Newport Pagnell Youth club Pre-school offers educational care for children from two and a half until they are ready for school. In order to ensure our children feel ready to learn we provide:
- a consistent daily routine - including registration, song time, focused group activity, snack time, free play and show & tell.
- a clear developmental strategy for each child - including key milestones in line with Ofsted standards, a personal developmental record and regular parental reviews.
- a 'key group' structure - where children receive the individual attention they need as a member of one of our coloured key groups. Children usually stay within the same key group for their time at our pre-school allowing them to form bonds with their key worker and the other children within their group.
- a calendar of activities, experiences and events - which have included day trips, visits from the police, special animals, sports days, sponsored walks, fancy dress parties and carnival entries to name but a few!
- healthy snacks - we reinforce the importance of a healthy lifestyle and our snack time is a great chance for the children to try new foods. We offer a variety of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis, from watermelon, to sugar snap peas! We only offer water or milk as a drink and will let you know what 'today's snack' is on our notice board and in our weekly newsletter to parents.
- smile award - in January 2015 we received highly commended from the 'Smile Award Plus' in recognition of our valuable contribution to improving the dental health and diet of our children. This is an ongoing achievement, that we have been recognised for each year since.