Youth Club Pre-school
What We Do...
Newport Pagnell Youth club Pre-school offers educational care for children from two and a half until they are ready for school. In order to ensure our children feel ready to learn we provide:
- a consistent daily routine - including registration, song time, focused group activity, snack time, free play and show & tell.
- a clear developmental strategy for each child - including key milestones in line with Ofsted standards, a personal developmental record and regular parental reviews.
- a 'key group' structure - where children receive the individual attention they need as a member of one of our coloured key groups. Children usually stay within the same key group for their time at our pre-school allowing them to form bonds with their key worker and the other children within their group.
- a calendar of activities, experiences and events - which have included day trips, visits from the police, special animals, sports days, sponsored walks, fancy dress parties and carnival entries to name but a few!
- healthy snacks - we reinforce the importance of a healthy lifestyle and our snack time is a great chance for the children to try new foods (ever declared your child's reluctance to eat anything green only to watch them eat a mountain of cucumber at Grandma's?!). We only offer water or milk as a drink and will let you know what 'today's snack' is on our notice board.
- smile award - in January 2015 we received highly commended from the 'Smile Award Plus' in recognition of our valuable contribution to improving the dental health and diet of our children.